Your first contact with a potential customer (borrower/claimant) will most likely be through an Introductory Letter.
You can create merge letters and forms for up to 25 claimants from the My Updated List tab, or create a letter for one claimant at a time using the Original HUD Data record.
How to Print One Letter for Multiple Borrowers
1. You must first select the borrower or borrowers you want to create a letter for. Select a borrower by clicking on the selection box in front of the icons next to the borrower’s name. When you select on the box a check mark will appear.
2. You may select all of the names on the list by clicking on the check box in the list heading section.
3. After choosing a borrower (or borrowers), scroll to the bottom of the web page to find the drop down box with the list of available letters and form. Select the letter template you want. After choosing a template, click on the “Print Preview” button.
4. After you click on “Print Preview”, the software will take you to a Report Preview Screen. Take a moment to verify that all the data looks correct. Scroll through the letters by using your mouse to click on the Page Backward and Page Forward arrows.
5. If you are satisfied with what you see, click on the Printer Icon directly above the letter frame. This sends your letters to your printer and your computer will give you a Print Window Pop Up. Verify that it will print ALL of your letters and then click on Print.
The software uses a .pdf format by default to send your letters to the printer. You must have Adobe Reader on your computer. If do not have Adobe Reader, go to www.adobe.com to download it.
NOTE: when you use the printer icon to print, you may get a pop-up window letting you know you need to load an ActiveX component to allow the printing to work properly, most browsers already have this installed. ActiveX controls are small programs, sometimes called add-ons, which are used on the Internet. They can enhance your browsing experience by allowing animation or they can help with tasks such as printing. Some websites require you to install ActiveX controls to see the site or perform certain tasks on it. When you visit such a site, Windows Internet Explorer automatically asks if you want to install the ActiveX control.
How to Print a Single Letter from an Individual Record
1. Open the Original HUD Data record by selecting on the pencil icon next to the borrowers name on the Search HUD List tab or the My Updated List tab.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the list of letters. Select the document you want to create and click on “Print Preview”
3. After you click on “Print Preview”, the software will take you to a Report Preview Screen. Take a moment to verify that all the data looks correct.
4. If you are satisfied with what you see, click on the Printer Icon directly above the letter frame. This sends your letters to your printer and your computer will give you a Print Window Pop Up. Click on Print in the lower right hand corner to send the document to your printer.
Make Notes on the Record
After printing the Introductory Letter for your potential customer’s it is important to notate each record to remind yourself when you attempted contact.
Open the record by clicking on the Pencil Icon. Type your comments into the Notes box on the Original HUD Data record screen. Make sure to include the date of the comment. Click on Update to save your notes.
Repeat this for all of the borrowers you created an Introduction Letter for.
5. Mail the letters. Using a Z fold, also known as an according fold, fold the letter into thirds so that the borrowers address will show through size 9 or size 10 window on the left envelope.